Wednesday, May 05, 2004
Grand Canyon
Awesome.
We all fell silent when we first laid our eyes on the Grand Canyon. The sight was breathless, and words cannot describe it. Pictures also cannot convey the scope of the Grand Canyon, as no film can capture what the eye can see.
We found an interesting tree and Larry got us to pose with the tree
We also found an awesome ledge to sit and take pics of
We walked around all day, and watched the sunset.
After dinner we went back to watch stars. There was a full moon out, that casted a dim glow over the canyon.
You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depth of your love?
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above
And I stand, I stand in awe of you
I stand, I stand in awe of you
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of you
I would have loved to have my guitar with me, to sing songs while watching stars and marvelling at the power of the moon to illuminate the canyon. Our God is an awesome God.
Time Warp...
Our time zone problems have been solved. Yes, we really are in MST, which is technically one hour faster than PST. HOWEVER, Arizona does NOT follow Daylight Savings Time, therefore right now, Arizona and California (and Nevada) all have the SAME time.
Sigh, that took forever to figure it out, we were getting SO confused...
Hoover Dam
We passed the Hoover Dam on the way to Grand Canyon from Vegas, and managed to get this shot of the "ugly" part of the dam. Hope to get a pic of the nicer side on the way home tomorrow.
Need to sleep, sunrise is at 5:20am tomorrow!
JCL 11:55pm PST & MST
Awesome.
We all fell silent when we first laid our eyes on the Grand Canyon. The sight was breathless, and words cannot describe it. Pictures also cannot convey the scope of the Grand Canyon, as no film can capture what the eye can see.
We found an interesting tree and Larry got us to pose with the tree
We also found an awesome ledge to sit and take pics of
We walked around all day, and watched the sunset.
After dinner we went back to watch stars. There was a full moon out, that casted a dim glow over the canyon.
You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp your infinite wisdom?
Who can fathom the depth of your love?
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above
And I stand, I stand in awe of you
I stand, I stand in awe of you
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of you
I would have loved to have my guitar with me, to sing songs while watching stars and marvelling at the power of the moon to illuminate the canyon. Our God is an awesome God.
Time Warp...
Our time zone problems have been solved. Yes, we really are in MST, which is technically one hour faster than PST. HOWEVER, Arizona does NOT follow Daylight Savings Time, therefore right now, Arizona and California (and Nevada) all have the SAME time.
Sigh, that took forever to figure it out, we were getting SO confused...
Hoover Dam
We passed the Hoover Dam on the way to Grand Canyon from Vegas, and managed to get this shot of the "ugly" part of the dam. Hope to get a pic of the nicer side on the way home tomorrow.
Need to sleep, sunrise is at 5:20am tomorrow!
JCL 11:55pm PST & MST